Want to get Shingrix Shingles vaccine for free?
Currently it is in short supply Nationally but is coming to Kiama Downs in 2 weeks.
A 2-dose course of Shingrix® will be available for free for:
- people aged 65 years and older
- First Nations people aged 50 years and older
- immunocompromised people aged 18 years and older with medical conditions including:
- haemopoietic stem cell transplant
- solid organ transplant
- haematological malignancy
- advanced or untreated HIV.
For existing patients who see a GP in Kiama Downs you can go on your GP’s Shingrix vaccine wait list.
Just email the reception team by clicking here.
If you attend a different GP you can contact them about this.
Where can I get more info?
From 1 November 2023, the shingles vaccine Shingrix® will replace Zostavax® for preventing shingles and shingles chronic pain (neuralgia).
Unlike Zostavax®, Shingrix® does not contain any live virus so it can be given to people aged 18 years and over who are immunocompromised.
What if I already paid for the first shot?
What if I had Zostavax (the old vaccine) already?
For more info on these and tens of other questions please click here